Welcome

* * * Canadian Craft Federation / Citizens of Craft.ca Podcast Series! : ) I'm in Episode #4... but you should listen to them all. : ) LISTEN

Saturday 23 July 2016

Summer Art Update

The Saskatchewan Handcraft Festival was really great.  It was a three day sale last weekend in the Battlefords.  I'm not sure I'll do a three day again any time soon.  I sold half my work on the first afternoon, and nearly everything else by the next.  It worked out that I kept my booth looking filled with cards, a couple of posters, and of course, my sewing machine! : )  I just kept spreading out the last of the threadpaintings to keep it looking stocked.  Tricky!

'Breakthrough' 2016 (sold)

I have a lake scene with the tall grasses in the foreground, and it's available directly if you want to email me about it.  Monika @ My Sweet Prairie . ca (no spaces...).  I can ship anywhere and etransfer or paypal is available.  It's 5x5" in a 12x12 black/distressed wood frame, signed and with acid free floating mat.  It's mostly blues (water and sky) and yelowish greens (horizon and foreground).  There are a couple of birds flying as well.

The remainder of my threadwork will head off to the Saskatchewan Craft Council Boutique on Broadway.  THANK YOU AGAIN to everyone who has been shopping there.  : )


My show at Hues is up for one more week.  I haven't been back since the opening to see what else has sold.  A few went right away, but there were sixteen there.

A Garden Impression #1, 2016  / 10x10 inch frame

Last I looked, these two yarn pieces and several more were still available at Hues.  1818 Lorne Avenue, Saskatoon.

Scilla in City Park, 2016   5x7 framed embroidery

Oh!  And all the yarn embroideries at Handmade House were cleared right out!  Goodness.  I'm bringing more in all the time, and will have my mixed media birds there as well.  I always have a variety of different work there including cards and mini threadpaintings, mixed media and yarn embroidery too.

work in progress - small embroidery for Handmade House

You know?  I can't stop thinking about the first year of stitching little art quilts, and how all this started.  I only worked late at night after the kids were sound asleep.  It's crazy to have this evolved to full time work.  Actually, I joke, 'This is my day job.  This is my night job too.".

* * * Oh!  And before I forget * * * 
Station Arts in Rosthern, SK (Facebook link here) has an exhibition & AUCTION of postcard art from around the world on this summer!  Do I sound excited?  YOU BET!  If you scroll through their facebook page or check out their albums, you should be able to find them.  There are nearly TWO HUNDRED 4x6" pieces of art up for grabs, and the bidding will continue for a couple more weeks.  All postcards were donated by the artists and the procedes go to the Station. It began as a little idea and it really snowballed into something fantastic!  There's work by folks I know - Jaynie Himsl, Leona Larson, Denise Epp, Mary Romanuk to name a few.  I sent a couple prairie postcards along as well.  Most of the art cards are fibre, but there are prints and illustrations as well.  They have a restaurant, gallery, shop, and a wonderful summer theatre with events there.  It's a small town venue with a lot to offer!  They are situated in the old train station that stands by the train tracks.  You'll often find yarn bombings on the grounds there.  : )  Can't miss it.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

* * * Here are some of the most viewed blog posts this month * * *